Ice Cream & Cake

It's a horrendous day in San Francisco- pouring rain and the skies are dark. I've got to admit though that this weather is a bit soothing- perfect for staying in and baking. I am going to a friend's house this weekend and bringing dessert. I am going to attempt to make Ina's Mocha Chocolate Icebox Cake as I've been eyeing the Tate's Cookies at my local grocery store.


The problem I have is serving up my dessert...I know how to do the presentation- but when it comes to cutting the cake, I am a total mess.


Sugar & Charm's post Unique Tips for Serving Cake & Ice Cream couldn't have come at a better time for me. I will report back next week with how the cake...and serving went at the party!



Cutting the cake: Use a long knife to cut a small circle in the middle of the cake. Cut the outside into wedges and the inside as you would normally. 

Serving the ice cream: Place cupcake paper in a cupcake pan. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop one ball into each paper lining and transfer the tray into the freezer for a few hours. After you cut the cake, remove the scoops from each cup... you can serve in the paper or drop them onto the plate! 

No comments:

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs