How to cheer for a marathon.

New York City is one of my favorite places. The energy, the restaurants, the people, the fashion...all fabulous. I have run the New York City marathon three times and this year was the first time that I was on the other side of the marathon...a cheerer and not a runner. After a martini and Magnolia Bakery banana pudding on Saturday night- I sure was happy that I wasn't on Staten Island at 6am waiting to start the marathon!

I thought I would spice up our cheering section for John and get creative on our signs. Here's how you do it- head to Kinkos, print out a 11x17 picture of your runner's head, cut, laminate, tape to stick...and your all set...world's best cheerer for $15.

Here are some pictures of Ginny and my marathon cheering adventures!

making friends with the brooklyn police
Murrays Bagels
loving central park
yay...you did it!!

Only thing missing...Sweet Jennies cookies at the finish line!!
(I was too busy with the laminating to also pack the cookies to NYC)

2 comments:

jamieofalltrades said...

That is so cute! Congrats to John for running the marathon, rockstar!

Katie Gibson said...

I want a children's book called "Where's John?" Move over, Where's Waldo.

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs